Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
One who finds customers for a prostitute; a procurer.
v. pimped, pimp·ing, pimps
1. To serve as a procurer of prostitutes.
2. To compromise one's principles, especially in promoting the interests of another, for personal gain: politicians pimping for campaign contributors.
To customize or adorn, often garishly: pimped his car.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a man who solicits for a prostitute or brothel and lives off the earnings
2. a man who procures sexual gratification for another; procurer; pander
3. (intr) to act as a pimp
4. (tr) slang to adapt or embellish in an ostentatious manner
[C17: of unknown origin]
a spy or informer
(often foll by: on) to inform (on)
[of unknown origin]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person, esp. a man, who solicits customers for a prostitute or a brothel, usu. in return for a share of the earnings; procurer.
2. a despicable person.v.i.
3. to act as a pimp.
[1630–40; orig. uncertain]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: pimped
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pimp - someone who procures customers for whores (in England they call a pimp a ponce)|
England - a division of the United Kingdom
procuress - a woman pimp
|Verb||1.||pimp - arrange for sexual partners for others|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n → Zuhälter m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995