Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. pin·er·ies
1. A hothouse or plantation where pineapples are grown.
2. A forest of pine trees.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -neries
1. (Horticulture) a place, esp a hothouse, where pineapples are grown
2. (Forestry) a forest of pine trees, esp one cultivated for timber
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
pin•er•y(ˈpaɪ nə ri)
n., pl. -er•ies.
1. a place in which pineapples are grown.
2. a forest or grove of pine trees.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Pineryplantation of pine trees, 1831.
Dictionary of Collective Nouns and Group Terms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.