Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
a. A picture, especially of a sexually attractive person, that is displayed on a wall.
b. A person considered a suitable model for such a picture.
2. Something intended to be affixed to a wall.
1. Suitable for a pinup.
2. Designed to be attached to a wall.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a large photograph, as of a sexually attractive person, suitable for pinning on a wall.
2. a person in such a photograph.adj.
3. of, suitable for, or appearing in a pinup.
4. designed for hanging or fastening on a wall: a pinup lamp.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.