Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. Sports A stop at a pit for refueling or service during an automobile race.
a. A brief stop for rest and refreshment, especially during a road trip.
b. A place where such a stop is made.
1. (Motor Racing) motor racing a brief stop made at a pit by a racing car for repairs, refuelling, etc
2. informal any stop made during a car journey for refreshment, rest, or refuelling
1. a stop in a pit during an auto race.
2. Informal. any brief stop, as during an automobile ride, to eat, rest, etc.
3. a place where one makes such stops.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pit stop - a stop during an automobile trip for rest and refreshment|
|2.||pit stop - a brief stop at a pit during an automobile race to take on fuel or service the car|