Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A hawker of small wares, as on the streets or at a carnival.
2. One who makes aggressive selling or promotional efforts.
3. One who delivers commercials on radio or television.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
n, pl -men
1. (Commerce) an itinerant pedlar of small merchandise who operates from a stand at a fair, etc
2. (Commerce) any high-pressure salesman or advertiser
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
n., pl. -men.
1. a person who makes a sales pitch, as on a radio or TV commercial.
2. an itinerant vendor or hawker of small wares.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pitchman - an aggressive salesman who uses a fast line of talk to sell something|
salesman - a man salesperson
|2.||pitchman - someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals)|
chapman - archaic term for an itinerant peddler
cheapjack - a peddler of inferior goods
crier - a peddler who shouts to advertise the goods he sells
muffin man - formerly an itinerant peddler of muffins
sandboy - a young peddler of sand; used now only to express great happiness in `happy as a sandboy'
marketer, seller, trafficker, vender, vendor - someone who promotes or exchanges goods or services for money
transmigrante - a Latin American who buys used goods in the United States and takes them to Latin America to sell
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.