Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
The act or process of replaying an audio or video recording, as to monitor quality or check a recorded message.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Music, other) the act or process of reproducing a recording, esp on magnetic tape
2. (Electronics) the part of a tape recorder serving to reproduce or used for reproducing recorded material
3. (Electronics) (modifier) of or relating to the reproduction of signals from a recording: the playback head of a tape recorder.
(Electronics) to reproduce (recorded material) on (a magnetic tape) by means of a tape recorder
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the act of reproducing a sound or video recording, esp. in order to check a recording that is newly made.
2. the apparatus used in producing playbacks.
3. response; feedback.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||playback - the act of reproducing recorded sound; "he was allowed to hear the playback of his testimony"|
sound reproduction - the reproduction of sound
|2.||playback - electronic equipment comprising the part of a tape recorder that reproduces the recorded material|
electronic equipment - equipment that involves the controlled conduction of electrons (especially in a gas or vacuum or semiconductor)
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
playback[ˈpleɪˌbæk] n → playback m inv
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995