plummy(redirected from plummiest)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
adj. plum·mi·er, plum·mi·est
a. Filled with plums.
b. Resembling plums in smell, taste, or appearance.
2. Choice; desirable: a plummy job.
3. Exceedingly or affectedly mellow and rich: a plummy voice.
adj, -mier or -miest
1. (Cookery) of, full of, or resembling plums
2. informal Brit (of speech) having a deep tone and a refined and somewhat drawling articulation
3. informal Brit choice; desirable
adj. -mi•er, -mi•est.
1. containing or resembling plums.
2. highly desirable.
3. richly resonant: a plummy voice.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||plummy - very desirable; "a plummy leading role"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
desirable - worth having or seeking or achieving; "a desirable job"; "computer with many desirable features"; "a desirable outcome"
|2.||plummy - (of a voice) affectedly mellow and rich; "the radio announcer's plummy voice"|
plummy[ˈplʌmɪ] ADJ (plummier (compar) (plummiest (superl))) (Brit) [voice] → engolado
plummy[ˈplʌmi] (British) adj [voice, accent] → snob
plummy[ˈplʌmɪ] adj (-ier (comp) (-iest (superl)))
a. (Brit) (voice, accent) → (esageratamente) aristocratico/a
b. (colour) → (color m) prugna inv