Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. A soldier who is assigned to a position some distance ahead of a patrol as a lookout.
2. A man who has a crucial role in the forefront of an enterprise: the administration's point man on health care.
1. (Military) military a soldier who walks at the front of an infantry patrol in combat
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the leader or spokesperson of a campaign or organization
1. the lead soldier of an infantry patrol.
2. a person in the forefront of an economic or political issue.
See also related terms for herd.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||point man - someone who is the forefront of an important enterprise; "he is the president's point man on economic issues"|
leader - a person who rules or guides or inspires others
|2.||point man - a soldier who goes ahead of a patrol|
soldier - an enlisted man or woman who serves in an army; "the soldiers stood at attention"