Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Having an end coming to a point.
2. Sharp; cutting: pointed criticism.
3. Obviously directed at or making reference to a particular person or thing: a pointed comment.
4. Clearly evident or conspicuous; marked: a pointed lack of interest.
5. Characterized by the use of a pointed crown, as in Gothic architecture: a pointed arch.
6. Having a rough finish produced by a pointed tool. Used of masonry.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adv.||1.||pointedly - in such a manner as to make something clearly evident; "he pointedly ignored the question"|
pointedly[ˈpɔɪntɪdlɪ] ADV [say] → intencionadamente; [ask] → sin rodeos, directamente
he was staring pointedly at the clock → miraba fijamente al reloj sin ocultar su prisa (or aburrimiento, )
she pointedly ignored him → lo ignoró intencionadamente or aposta
he was pointedly left off the guest list → se lo excluyó de la lista de invitados intencionadamente