Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) the writing of many works or writing on many subjects
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) printing obsolete a device used to copy a document
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) printing the act of copying pictures or writing by means of a polygraph
4. (Medicine) med the employment of a polygraph
5. (Medicine) med the data gathered from a polygraph
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a device for producing copies of a drawing or of writing. — polygrapher, — polygraphist, n. — polygraphic, adj.See also: Copying
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.