Pomo(redirected from pomos)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. Pomo or Po·mos
1. A member of a group of Native American peoples inhabiting an area of the Coast Ranges of northern California.
2. Any of the seven languages of the Pomo.
n. pl. po·mos
1. A postmodernist.
(Sociology) informal short for postmodern
po•mo(ˈpoʊ moʊ) Informal. adj.
2. the postmodern movement; postmodernism.
n., pl. -mos, (esp. collectively) -mo.
1. a member of any of a group of American Indian peoples of the N California coast and adjacent inland areas.
2. any of the seven related languages spoken or formerly spoken by the Pomo.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Pomo - a member of an Indian people of northern California living along the Russian River valley and adjacent Pacific coast|
|2.||Pomo - the Kulanapan language spoken by the Pomo|
Kulanapan - a group of languages of the Hokan family