powder keg(redirected from powder kegs)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. A small cask for holding gunpowder or other explosives.
2. A potentially explosive situation or thing.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) a small barrel used to hold gunpowder
2. informal a potential source or scene of violence, disaster, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a small, metal, barrellike container for gunpowder or blasting powder.
2. a potentially dangerous situation.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||powder keg - a potentially explosive state|
danger - a cause of pain or injury or loss; "he feared the dangers of traveling by air"
|2.||powder keg - keg (usually made of metal) for gunpowder or blasting powder|
keg - small cask or barrel
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.