Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. An elite group constituted by people holding influential positions within a government, society, or organization.
2. A hierarchy of managerial authority: sought to advance within the company's power structure.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the structure or distribution of power and authority in a community
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the people and groups who are part of such a structure
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the system of authority or influence in government, politics, education, etc.
2. the people who participate in such a system.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||power structure - the organization of people at different ranks in an administrative body|
governance, governing body, organisation, administration, brass, establishment, organization - the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
hierarch - a person who holds a high position in a hierarchy
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
power structuren → gerarchia di poteri
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995