Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. Slang A drink made from a whole raw egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper that is taken as a palliative for a hangover or as a cure for hiccups.
2. Chiefly Western US The testis of a calf, cooked and served as food.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Cookery) a drink consisting of raw unbeaten egg, vinegar or Worcester sauce (Worcester oyster), salt, and pepper: a supposed cure for a hangover
2. (Cookery) the testicles of a bull calf cooked and eaten
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a raw egg, or the yolk of a raw egg, often mixed with seasonings, as Worcestershire sauce, and used as a hangover remedy.
2. the testis of a calf used as food.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
prairie oystern (Culin) → uovo all'ostrica
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995