Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One who presses clothes.
2. Any of various devices that apply pressure to a product in manufacturing or canning.
3. Informal A press conference.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. any of various instruments or machines that apply pressure
2. a person who operates a (wine, olive, cloth, etc) press
3. (Professions) a person who operates a (wine, olive, cloth, etc) press
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a person whose occupation is pressing or ironing clothes in a laundry or dry-cleaning establishment.
2. a person or thing that presses or applies pressure.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.