pretest(redirected from pretested)
Also found in: Financial.
a. A preliminary test administered to determine a student's baseline knowledge or preparedness for an educational experience or course of study.
b. A test taken for practice.
2. The advance testing of something, such as a questionnaire, product, or idea.
tr. & intr.v. (prē-tĕst′) pre·test·ed, pre·test·ing, pre·tests
To subject to or conduct a pretest.
to test (something) before presenting it to its intended public or client
the act or instance of pretesting
pre•test(n. ˈpriˌtɛst; v. priˈtɛst)
1. an advance or preliminary testing or trial, as of a new product.
2. a test given to determine if students are sufficiently prepared to begin a new course of study.
3. a test taken for practice.v.t.
4. to give a pretest to.v.i.
5. to conduct a pretest.
Past participle: pretested