Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
a. A small point or spike for holding a candle upright.
b. A candlestick having such a spike.
2. A male deer in its second year, before the antlers branch.
[Middle English priket, diminutive of prik, prick, prick; see prick.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) a male deer in the second year of life having unbranched antlers
2. (Furniture) a sharp metal spike on which to stick a candle
3. (Furniture) a candlestick having such a spike
[C14 priket, from prik prick]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a sharp metal point on which to stick a candle.
2. a candlestick with one or more such points.
3. a buck in his second year.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
pricket- A candlestick with a spike for holding up the candle (or the spike itself).
See also related terms for spike.
Farlex Trivia Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pricket - a sharp metal spike to hold a candle|
spike - sports equipment consisting of a sharp point on the sole of a shoe worn by athletes; "spikes provide greater traction"
|2.||pricket - male deer in his second year|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.