pricket(redirected from prickets)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
a. A small point or spike for holding a candle upright.
b. A candlestick having such a spike.
2. A male deer in its second year, before the antlers branch.
[Middle English priket, diminutive of prik, prick, prick; see prick.]
1. (Animals) a male deer in the second year of life having unbranched antlers
2. (Furniture) a sharp metal spike on which to stick a candle
3. (Furniture) a candlestick having such a spike
[C14 priket, from prik prick]
1. a sharp metal point on which to stick a candle.
2. a candlestick with one or more such points.
3. a buck in his second year.
pricket- A candlestick with a spike for holding up the candle (or the spike itself).
See also related terms for spike.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pricket - a sharp metal spike to hold a candle|
spike - sports equipment consisting of a sharp point on the sole of a shoe worn by athletes; "spikes provide greater traction"
|2.||pricket - male deer in his second year|