Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to princedom: Great Princedom
1. The territory, jurisdiction, sovereignty, rank, or estate of a prince.
2. princedoms Christianity See principality.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the dignity, rank, or position of a prince
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a land ruled by a prince; principality
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the position, rank, or dignity of a prince.
2. the territory of a prince; principality.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||princedom - the dignity or rank or position of a prince|
rank - relative status; "his salary was determined by his rank and seniority"
|2.||princedom - territory ruled by a prince|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
n (old) → Fürstentum nt
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007