Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. The eldest daughter of a British sovereign, who has had the title conferred on her for life by the sovereign.
2. Used as the title for such a woman.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the eldest daughter of a British or (formerly) a Prussian sovereign: a title not always conferred
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (capitals) the title of Princess Anne
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the eldest daughter of a king or queen.
2. (in Great Britain) a title conferred by the sovereign on his or her eldest daughter.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.