Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. The eldest daughter of a British sovereign, who has had the title conferred on her for life by the sovereign.
2. Used as the title for such a woman.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the eldest daughter of a British or (formerly) a Prussian sovereign: a title not always conferred
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (capitals) the title of Princess Anne
1. the eldest daughter of a king or queen.
2. (in Great Britain) a title conferred by the sovereign on his or her eldest daughter.