prodding(redirected from proddings)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
tr.v. prod·ded, prod·ding, prods
1. To jab or poke, as with a pointed object.
2. To goad to action; incite.
1. A pointed object used to prod: a cattle prod.
2. An incitement; a stimulus.
Prodor prod (prŏd)
n. Offensive Slang
Used as a disparaging term for a Protestant.
1. the act or an instance of poking or jabbing with or as if with a pointed object
2. the act or an instance of rousing or urging to action: She did her chores without prodding..