Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to projective: projective geometry, Projective plane, Projective transformation, Projective identification
1. Extending outward; projecting.
2. Relating to or made by projection.
3. Mathematics Designating a property of a geometric figure that does not vary when the figure undergoes projection.
relating to or concerned with projection: projective geometry.
1. of or pertaining to projection.
2. produced, or capable of being produced, by projection.
3. of or pertaining to a psychological test or technique for probing a person's thoughts, feelings, attitudes, etc., by eliciting his or her responses to ambiguous test materials, as ink blots or cartoons.
pro•jec•tiv•i•ty (ˌproʊ dʒɛkˈtɪv ɪ ti) n.
projective geometry → Projektionsgeometrie f
(Psych) → projizierend