morbidity(redirected from proportional morbidity)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. mor·bid·i·ties
1. The quality of being morbid; morbidness.
2. The rate of incidence of a disease.
1. the state of being morbid
2. (Pathology) Also: morbidity rate the relative incidence of a particular disease in a specific locality
mor•bid•i•ty(mɔrˈbɪd ɪ ti)
1. a morbid state or quality.
2. the proportion of a specific disease in a geographical locality.
the state or quality of being excessively gloomy. — morbid, adj.See also: Attitudes
the state or quality of being excessively gloomy. — morbid, adj.See also: Moods
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||morbidity - the relative incidence of a particular disease|
|2.||morbidity - an abnormally gloomy or unhealthy state of mind; "his fear of being alone verges on morbidity"|
|3.||morbidity - the quality of being unhealthful and generally bad for you|
quality - an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone; "the quality of mercy is not strained"--Shakespeare
unhealthfulness - the quality of promoting poor health
(of idea, thought, jealousy, curiosity etc) → Krankhaftigkeit f; (of interest, attitude) → Unnatürlichkeit f; (of sense of humour, talk) → Düsterkeit f; (of novel, music) → Morbidität f; (of person) → Trübsinn m; (of poet etc) → Hang m → zu düsteren Gedanken, Morbidität f; (= gloominess) → Morbidität f
n. morbidez, morbosidad, enfermedad.