Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
prot·es·ta·tion(prŏt′ĭ-stā′shən, prō′tĭ-, -tĕ-)
1. An emphatic declaration.
2. A strong or formal expression of dissent.
1. the act of protesting
2. something protested about
3. a strong declaration
prot•es•ta•tion(ˌprɒt əˈsteɪ ʃən, ˌproʊ tə-, -tɛ-)
1. the act of protesting or affirming.
2. a solemn or earnest declaration or affirmation.
3. formal expression or declaration of objection, dissent, or disapproval; protest.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||protestation - a formal and solemn declaration of objection; "they finished the game under protest to the league president"; "the senator rose to register his protest"; "the many protestations did not stay the execution"|
objection - the speech act of objecting
|2.||protestation - a strong declaration of protest|
declaration - a statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written)