Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. See psychometrics.
2. The supposed ability or art of divining information about people or events associated with an object solely by touching or being near to it.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Psychology) measurement and testing of mental states and processes. See also psychometrics
2. (Psychology) (in parapsychology) the supposed ability to deduce facts about events by touching objects related to them
3. (Alternative Belief Systems) (in parapsychology) the supposed ability to deduce facts about events by touching objects related to them
psychometrician, psyˈchometrist n
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
psy•chom•e•try(saɪˈkɒm ɪ tri)
2. the alleged ability to divine facts concerning a person or associated object by means of contact with or proximity to the object.
psy`cho•met′ric, psy`cho•met′ri•cal, adj.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
the measurement of mental traits, abilities, and processes. — psychometrist, n. — psychometric, adj.See also: Psychology
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
A form of clairvoyance which in this case involves divination about a specific person, brought about by holding an object belonging to them.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
psychometry[saɪˈkɒmɪtrɪ] N → psicometría f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n → Psychometrie f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007