punctured(redirected from puncturedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. punc·tured, punc·tur·ing, punc·tures
1. To pierce with a pointed object.
2. To make (a hole) by piercing.
3. To depreciate or deflate: cutting remarks that punctured my ego.
To be pierced or punctured: The tire punctured when it hit the curb.
1. The act or an instance of puncturing.
2. A hole or depression made by a sharp object, especially a hole in an automotive tire.
[From Middle English, a pricking, from Late Latin pūnctūra, from pūnctus, past participle of pungere, to prick; see peuk- in Indo-European roots.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||punctured - having a hole cut through; "pierced ears"; "a perforated eardrum"; "a punctured balloon"|
cut - separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument; "the cut surface was mottled"; "cut tobacco"; "blood from his cut forehead"; "bandages on her cut wrists"