Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to punker: plunker
a. An often aggressive or violent young person: The building was set on fire by a bunch of punks.
b. An inexperienced young person: We don't want that little punk tagging along.
c. A cowardly or weak young person: Don't let him disrespect you—show him you're not a punk.
a. Punk rock.
b. A punk rocker.
a. Slang A young man who is the sexual partner of an older man, especially in prison.
b. Archaic A prostitute.
v. punked, punk·ing, punks Slang
To act in a cowardly manner. Often used with out.
1. To humiliate (someone). Often used with down or out.
a. To dupe or deceive.
b. To play a practical joke on.
1. Dry decayed wood, used as tinder.
2. Any of various substances that smolder when ignited, used to light fireworks.
3. Chinese incense.
1. Of poor quality; worthless.
2. Weak in spirits or health.
[Probably of eastern Algonquian origin.]
1. obsolete a person who associates with prostitutes
2. (Pop Music) informal a punk rocker
a punk rock musician or devotee.