pushing(redirected from pushingness)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Energetic; enterprising.
2. Aggressive; forward; presuming.
1. enterprising, resourceful, or aggressively ambitious
2. impertinently self-assertive
almost or nearly (a certain age, speed, etc): pushing fifty.
1. enterprising and energetic; forceful; ambitious.
2. tactlessly or officiously aggressive.
- centrifugal, centripetal - Centrifugal force pulls away or pushes outward; centripetal draws toward or pulls inward.
- cow tipping - A widely frowned-upon activity whereby one knocks over a sleeping cow (which sleeps standing up) by pushing on its side.
- exert - Can refer to a seed's pushing out or up.
- crowd - Its underlying notion is of "pushing, pressing," from Old English crudan, "press."
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pushing - the act of applying force in order to move something away; "he gave the door a hard push"; "the pushing is good exercise"|
depression - pushing down; "depression of the space bar on the typewriter"
pressing, pressure, press - the act of pressing; the exertion of pressure; "he gave the button a press"; "he used pressure to stop the bleeding"; "at the pressing of a button"
shove - the act of shoving (giving a push to someone or something); "he gave the door a shove"
boost - the act of giving a push; "he gave her a boost over the fence"