Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
quay·age(kē′ĭj, kā′-, kwā′-)
1. A charge for the use of a quay.
2. A system or group of quays.
3. The space available on a system of quays.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Human Geography) a system of quays
2. (Nautical Terms) a charge for the use of a quay
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014