Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to quickens: QuickBooks
v. quick·ened, quick·en·ing, quick·ens
1. To make more rapid: Stress quickens the pulse.
2. To cause (a body or soul, for example) to become alive; vitalize.
3. To excite and stimulate; stir: Such stories quicken the imagination.
1. To become more rapid. See Synonyms at speed.
2. To come or return to life, as a soul.
3. To become excited or stimulated: Our interest in the project has quickened.
4. To reach the stage of pregnancy when the fetus can be felt to move.