quinquennial(redirected from quinquennially)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to quinquennially: tercentennial
1. Happening once every five years.
2. Lasting for five years.
1. A fifth anniversary.
2. A period of five years.
occurring once every five years or over a period of five years
1. another word for quinquennium
2. a fifth anniversary
quin•quen•ni•al(kwɪnˈkwɛn i əl, kwɪŋ-)
1. of or lasting for five years.
2. occurring every five years.n.
3. a quinquennium.
4. something that occurs every five years.
[1425–75; late Middle English < Latin quīnquenni(s) of five years + -al1]