1. Multiplied by five; fivefold.
2. Being the fifth of a set of five identical copies.
1. One of a set of five identical things.
2. A set of five copies.
tr.v. (-kāt′) quin·tu·pli·cat·ed, quin·tu·pli·cat·ing, quin·tu·pli·cates
To make five copies of.
[Latin quīntus, fifth; see quintuple + (quadru)plicate.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
fivefold or quintuple
to multiply or be multiplied by five
a group or set of five things
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
quin•tu•pli•cate(n., adj. kwɪnˈtu plɪ kɪt, -ˈtyu-; v. -ˌkeɪt)
n., adj., v. -cat•ed, -cat•ing. n.
1. a group or set of five copies or identical items.
2. one of five copies or identical items.adj.
3. having or consisting of five identical parts; fivefold.
4. noting the fifth of five identical items.v.t.
5. to make five copies of.
6. to make five times as great, as by multiplying.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Past participle: quintuplicated
Collins English Verb Tables © HarperCollins Publishers 2011