Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The office or function of a rabbi.
2. Rabbis considered as a group.
[From obsolete rabbin, rabbi; see rabbinical.]
1. (Judaism) the position, function, or tenure of office of a rabbi
2. (Judaism) rabbis collectively
rab•bin•ate(ˈræb ə nɪt, -ˌneɪt)
1. the office or term of office of a rabbi.
2. a group of rabbis: the Orthodox rabbinate.
Rabbinaterabbis as a body, collectively, 1702.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||rabbinate - rabbis collectively|
priesthood - the body of ordained religious practitioners
rabbi - spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation; qualified to expound and apply Jewish law
|2.||rabbinate - the office or function of a rabbi|