Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A course or track for racing, especially harness racing.
2. A tube that encloses and protects electric wires.
3. See race2.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Human Geography) another word for race15
2. (Motor Racing) a racetrack, esp one for banger racing
3. (Mechanical Engineering) another word (esp US) for race16
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a track on which harness races are held.
2. a channel for protecting and holding electrical wires.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||raceway - a canal for a current of water|
canal - long and narrow strip of water made for boats or for irrigation
|2.||raceway - a course over which races are run |
cinder track - a racetrack paved with fine cinders
course - facility consisting of a circumscribed area of land or water laid out for a sport; "the course had only nine holes"; "the course was less than a mile"
dirt track - a racetrack that is not paved
speedway - a racetrack for racing automobiles or motorcycles
stretch - a straightaway section of a racetrack
velodrome - a banked oval track for bicycle or motorcycle racing
inside track - the inner side of a curved racecourse
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.