rangy(redirected from ranginess)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
adj. rang·i·er, rang·i·est
1. Having long slender limbs.
2. Inclined to rove.
3. Providing ample range; roomy.
adj, rangier or rangiest
1. (of animals or people) having long slender limbs
2. adapted to wandering or roaming
3. allowing considerable freedom of movement; spacious; roomy
[C19: from range + -y1]
adj. rang•i•er, rang•i•est.
1. (of animals or people) slender and long-limbed.
2. able to range over large areas, as animals.
3. (of terrain) mountainous.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||rangy - tall and thin and having long slender limbs; "a gangling teenager"; "a lanky kid transformed almost overnight into a handsome young man"|
tall - great in vertical dimension; high in stature; "tall people"; "tall buildings"; "tall trees"; "tall ships"
|2.||rangy - adapted to wandering or roaming|
mobile - moving or capable of moving readily (especially from place to place); "a mobile missile system"; "the tongue is...the most mobile articulator"
|3.||rangy - allowing ample room for ranging|
big, large - above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent; "a large city"; "set out for the big city"; "a large sum"; "a big (or large) barn"; "a large family"; "big businesses"; "a big expenditure"; "a large number of newspapers"; "a big group of scientists"; "large areas of the world"