raptorial(redirected from raptorially)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Subsisting by seizing prey; predatory.
2. Adapted for the seizing of prey.
3. Of, relating to, or characteristic of birds of prey.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) (of the feet of birds) adapted for seizing prey
2. (Zoology) (esp of birds) feeding on prey; predatory
3. (Zoology) of or relating to birds of prey
[C19: from Latin raptor a robber, from rapere to snatch]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
rap•to•ri•al(ræpˈtɔr i əl, -ˈtoʊr-)
1. preying upon other animals; predatory.
2. adapted for seizing prey, as an eagle's claws.
3. of or pertaining to a bird of prey.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||raptorial - relating to or characteristic of birds of prey; "raptorial claws and bill for seizing prey"|
|2.||raptorial - living by preying on other animals especially by catching living prey; "a predatory bird"; "the rapacious wolf"; "raptorial birds"; "ravening wolves"; "a vulturine taste for offal"|
aggressive - having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.