raptorial(redirected from raptorially)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Subsisting by seizing prey; predatory.
2. Adapted for the seizing of prey.
3. Of, relating to, or characteristic of birds of prey.
1. (Zoology) (of the feet of birds) adapted for seizing prey
2. (Zoology) (esp of birds) feeding on prey; predatory
3. (Zoology) of or relating to birds of prey
[C19: from Latin raptor a robber, from rapere to snatch]
rap•to•ri•al(ræpˈtɔr i əl, -ˈtoʊr-)
1. preying upon other animals; predatory.
2. adapted for seizing prey, as an eagle's claws.
3. of or pertaining to a bird of prey.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||raptorial - relating to or characteristic of birds of prey; "raptorial claws and bill for seizing prey"|
|2.||raptorial - living by preying on other animals especially by catching living prey; "a predatory bird"; "the rapacious wolf"; "raptorial birds"; "ravening wolves"; "a vulturine taste for offal"|
aggressive - having or showing determination and energetic pursuit of your ends; "an aggressive businessman"; "an aggressive basketball player"; "he was aggressive and imperious; positive in his convictions"; "aggressive drivers"