rassle(redirected from rassler)
intr. & tr.v. ras·sled, ras·sling, ras·sles Nonstandard
To engage in wrestling or wrestle with.
[Dialectal alteration of wrestle.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
v. -tled, -tling,
1. to engage in wrestling.
2. to contend or struggle, as for mastery; grapple: to wrestle with one's conscience.v.t.
3. to contend with in wrestling.
4. to force by or as if by wrestling.
5. to throw (a calf or other animal) for branding.n.
6. an act of or a bout at wrestling.
7. a struggle.
[before 1100; Middle English; Old English *wrǣstlian (compare Old English wrǣstlere wrestler)]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.