rat-tail(redirected from rat-tails)
rat-tailalso rat·tail (răt′tāl′)
1. See grenadier.
2. A long, thin length of hair that hangs down the nape of the neck, usually when the rest of the hair is cut short.
adj. also rat-tailed (-tāld′) or rat·tailed (-tāld′)
Shaped like or having a part shaped like a rat's tail: a rat-tail file; a rattail comb.
1. (Animals) another name for grenadier2
2. (Horse Training, Riding & Manège)
a. a horse's tail that has no hairs
b. a horse having such a tail
3. a style of spoon in which the line of the handle is prolonged in a tapering moulding along the back of the bowl
4. (Tools) a kind of woodworking or metalworking file