re-form(redirected from re-forming)
Related to re-forming: thermal reforming
v. re-formed, re-form·ing, re-forms
To form again.
To become formed again.
to form anew
to form again.
1. the improvement or amendment of what is wrong, corrupt, unsatisfactory, etc.: social reform.
2. an instance of this.
3. the amendment of conduct, belief, etc.v.t.
4. to change to a better state, form, etc.
5. to cause (a person) to abandon wrong or evil ways of life or conduct.
6. to put an end to (abuses, evils, etc.).
7. to subject (petroleum fractions) to a chemical process, as catalytic cracking, that increases the octane content.v.i.
8. to abandon evil conduct or error.adj.
9. (cap.) conforming to or characteristic of Reform Judaism.
[1300–50; (v.) Middle English < Middle French reformer, Old French < Latin refōrmāre]
Past participle: re-formed