reanimate(redirected from reanimating)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
tr.v. re·an·i·mat·ed, re·an·i·mat·ing, re·an·i·mates
1. To give new life to: attempts to reanimate a dead body.
2. To reconstruct or re-create: a book that reanimates Mayan civilization.
3. To reinvigorate: reanimate a friendship.
1. to refresh or enliven (something) again: to reanimate their enervated lives.
2. to bring back to life
v.t. -mat•ed, -mat•ing.
1. to restore to life; resuscitate.
2. to give fresh vigor, spirit, or courage to.
Past participle: reanimated
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||reanimate - give new life or energy to; "A hot soup will revive me"; "This will renovate my spirits"; "This treatment repaired my health"|
energize, perk up, energise, stimulate, arouse, brace - cause to be alert and energetic; "Coffee and tea stimulate me"; "This herbal infusion doesn't stimulate"