reciprocative(redirected from reciprocatively)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. re·cip·ro·cat·ed, re·cip·ro·cat·ing, re·cip·ro·cates
1. To give or take mutually; interchange: The friends reciprocated favors.
2. To show, feel, or give in response or return: They opened their hearts to her, and she reciprocated their affection.
1. To give and take something mutually.
2. To make a return for something given or done.
3. To move back and forth alternately: a power saw that reciprocates.
[Latin reciprocāre, reciprocāt-, to move back and forth, from reciprocus, alternating; see reciprocal.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||reciprocative - given or done or owed to each other|
|2.||reciprocative - moving alternately backward and forward|