plexus(redirected from rectal plexus, inferior)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to rectal plexus, inferior: middle rectal vein, Middle rectal artery, internal pudendal vein, hemorrhoidal veins, Prostatic venous plexus, Vesical venous plexus
n. pl. plexus or plex·us·es
1. A structure in the form of a network, especially of nerves, blood vessels, or lymphatics: the cardiac plexus; the pelvic plexus.
2. A combination of interlaced parts; a network.
n, pl -uses or -us
1. (Anatomy) any complex network of nerves, blood vessels, or lymphatic vessels
2. an intricate network or arrangement
[C17: New Latin, from Latin plectere to braid, plait]
n., pl. -us•es, -us.
1. a network, as of nerves or blood vessels.
2. any complex structure containing an intricate network of parts: the plexus of international relations.
[1675–85; < New Latin: an interweaving, twining < Latin plectere to plait, twine]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||plexus - a network of intersecting blood vessels or intersecting nerves or intersecting lymph vessels|
anatomical structure, bodily structure, body structure, complex body part, structure - a particular complex anatomical part of a living thing; "he has good bone structure"
aortic plexus - a plexus of lymph nodes in the lower portion of the abdominal aorta
nerve plexus - a network of intersecting nerves
choroid plexus, plexus choroideus - a vascular plexus of the cerebral ventricles that regulate intraventricular pressure
lumbar plexus, plexus lumbalis - a lymphatic plexus located along the lower portion of the aorta and iliac vessels
pterygoid plexus - a plexus of veins draining the region of the pterygoid muscles and draining into the internal maxillary and anterior facial veins
rete testis - network of tubules carrying sperm from the seminiferous tubules to the vasa efferentia