Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to redistribution: Redistribution of wealth
1. The act or process of redistributing.
2. An economic theory or policy that advocates reducing inequalities in the distribution of wealth.
re′dis·tri·bu′tion·ist adj. & n.
re′dis·trib′u·tive (-trĭb′yə-tĭv) adj.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the act or instance of distributing or the state or manner of being distributed again
2. (in Canada)a periodic revision of the number of seats in the House of Commons, made to reflect changes in population
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
re•dis•tri•bu•tion(ˌri dɪs trəˈbyu ʃən)
1. a distribution performed again or anew.
2. the economic theory that inequalities in income can be reduced by such measures as a progressive income tax and antipoverty programs.
re`dis•tri•bu′tion•ist, n., adj.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
The utilization of logistic resources after Transfer of Authority necessary for the fulfillment of the commander's combat missions. The logistic resources are designated in peacetime and will become assigned to the NATO commander in crisis and conflict.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.
redistribution[ˈriːˌdɪstrɪˈbjuːʃən] N → redistribución f
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
redistribution[ˌriːdɪstrɪˈbjuːʃən] n [wealth, income] → redistribution fred-letter day n → jour m à marquer d'une pierre blanchered light n (= traffic light) → feu m rouge
to go through a red light → brûler un feu rougered-light district n → quartier m des prostituéesred meat n → viande f rouge
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
n (of wealth) → Umverteilung f, → Neuverteilung f; (of work) → Neuzuteilung f
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007