Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. See red-winged blackbird.
2. A thrush (Turdus iliacus) of Eurasia and North Africa having reddish feathers under the wings and a white eye stripe.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) a small European thrush, Turdus iliacus, having a speckled breast, reddish flanks, and brown back
2. (Animals) a North American oriole, Agelaius phoeniceus, the male of which has a black plumage with a red-and-yellow patch on each wing
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a Eurasian thrush, Turdus iliacus, having chestnut-red feathers under the wings.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||redwing - North American blackbird with scarlet patches on the wings|
blackbird, New World blackbird - any bird of the family Icteridae whose male is black or predominantly black
|2.||redwing - small European thrush having reddish flanks|
thrush - songbirds characteristically having brownish upper plumage with a spotted breast
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
redwing[ˈredwɪŋ] N → malvís m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005