Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. See red-winged blackbird.
2. A thrush (Turdus iliacus) of Eurasia and North Africa having reddish feathers under the wings and a white eye stripe.
1. (Animals) a small European thrush, Turdus iliacus, having a speckled breast, reddish flanks, and brown back
2. (Animals) a North American oriole, Agelaius phoeniceus, the male of which has a black plumage with a red-and-yellow patch on each wing
1. a Eurasian thrush, Turdus iliacus, having chestnut-red feathers under the wings.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||redwing - North American blackbird with scarlet patches on the wings|
blackbird, New World blackbird - any bird of the family Icteridae whose male is black or predominantly black
|2.||redwing - small European thrush having reddish flanks|
thrush - songbirds characteristically having brownish upper plumage with a spotted breast