Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
adj. reed·i·er, reed·i·est
1. Full of reeds.
2. Made of reeds.
3. Resembling a reed, especially in being thin or fragile: "reedy businessmen in severe three-piece business suits" (Jimmy Breslin).
4. Music Having a tone like that of a reed instrument.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
adj, reedier or reediest
1. (Environmental Science) (of a place, esp a marsh) abounding in reeds
2. (Botany) of or like a reed
3. having a tone like a reed instrument; shrill or piping: a reedy voice.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
adj. reed•i•er, reed•i•est.
1. full of reeds: a reedy marsh.
2. consisting or made of a reed or reeds.
3. having a sound like that of a reed instrument.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||reedy - having a tone of a reed instrument|
noisy - full of or characterized by loud and nonmusical sounds; "a noisy cafeteria"; "a small noisy dog"
|2.||reedy - resembling a reed in being upright and slender|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
reedy[ˈriːdɪ] ADJ (reedier (compar) (reediest (superl)))
2. [voice, tone, instrument] → aflautado
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
reedy[ˈriːdi] adj [voice, instrument] → ténu(e)
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
reedy[ˈriːdɪ] adj (-ier (comp) (-iest (superl))) (voice, instrument) → acuto/a
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995