reflected(redirected from reflectedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to reflectedly: reflectively
v. re·flect·ed, re·flect·ing, re·flects
1. To throw or bend back (light or sound, for example) from a surface.
2. To give back or show an image of (an object); mirror.
3. To make apparent; express or manifest: Her work reflects intelligence.
4. To bring as a consequence: The victory reflects credit on the coach.
5. Archaic To bend back.
1. To be bent or thrown back: Her voice reflected off the canyon walls. See Synonyms at echo.
2. To give something back, as light or sound: a shiny surface that reflects well.
a. To give evidence of the characteristics or qualities of someone or something: That student's performance reflects well on the whole school.
b. To bring blame or discredit: Hasty preparation of the report will reflect on you.
a. To think seriously. See Synonyms at think.
b. To express carefully considered thoughts: In the essay, he reflects on his career.
[Middle English reflecten, from Old French reflecter, from Latin reflectere, to bend back : re-, re- + flectere, to bend.]