Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to relational: relational database management system, relational database, Relational algebra
1. Of or arising from kinship.
2. Indicating or constituting relation.
3. Grammar Of, relating to, or being a word or particle, such as a conjunction or preposition, that expresses a syntactic relation between elements in a phrase or sentence.
1. (Grammar) grammar indicating or expressing syntactic relation, as for example the case endings in Latin
2. having relation or being related
3. (Computer Science) computing based on data stored in a tabular form: a relational database.
re•la•tion•al(rɪˈleɪ ʃə nl)
1. of or pertaining to relations.
2. indicating or specifying some relation.
3. (of a word) serving to indicate relations between elements in a sentence, as a preposition (contrasted with notional).