Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to relational: relational database management system, relational database, Relational algebra
1. Of or arising from kinship.
2. Indicating or constituting relation.
3. Grammar Of, relating to, or being a word or particle, such as a conjunction or preposition, that expresses a syntactic relation between elements in a phrase or sentence.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Grammar) grammar indicating or expressing syntactic relation, as for example the case endings in Latin
2. having relation or being related
3. (Computer Science) computing based on data stored in a tabular form: a relational database.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
re•la•tion•al(rɪˈleɪ ʃə nl)
1. of or pertaining to relations.
2. indicating or specifying some relation.
3. (of a word) serving to indicate relations between elements in a sentence, as a preposition (contrasted with notional).
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
relational[rɪˈleɪʃənl] ADJ → relacional
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007