relaxant(redirected from relaxantly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. A drug that causes muscle relaxation.
2. Something that helps one to relax: Taking a walk is a great relaxant after working all day.
3. An agent used to straighten curly hair; a relaxer.
(Medicine) med a drug or agent that relaxes, esp one that relaxes tense muscles
of, relating to, or tending to produce relaxation
1. of, pertaining to, or causing relaxation.n.
2. a drug that relaxes, esp. one that lessens strain in muscle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||relaxant - a drug that relaxes and relieves tension|
drug - a substance that is used as a medicine or narcotic
muscle relaxant - a drug that reduces muscle contractility by blocking the transmission of nerve impulses or by decreasing the excitability of the motor end plate or by other actions
|Adj.||1.||relaxant - tending to relax or relieve muscular or nervous tension; "a relaxant drug"|
depressant - capable of depressing physiological or psychological activity or response by a chemical agent