reseat(redirected from reseats)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to reseats: receipts
tr.v. re·seat·ed, re·seat·ing, re·seats
1. To provide with a new or different seat.
2. To fit (a valve, for example) in a new seating.
1. to show (a person) to a new seat
2. (Furniture) to put a new seat on (a chair, etc)
3. to provide new seats for (a hall, theatre, etc)
4. (General Engineering) to re-form the seating of (a valve)
Past participle: reseated
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||reseat - provide with a new seat; "reseat the old broken chair"|
seat - put a seat on a chair
|2.||reseat - provide with new seats; "reseat Carnegie Hall"|
architecture - the profession of designing buildings and environments with consideration for their esthetic effect
seat - provide with seats; "seat a concert hall"
|3.||reseat - show to a different seat; "The usher insisted on reseating us"|