Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to resilience: proof resilience
1. The ability to recover quickly from illness, change, or misfortune; buoyancy.
2. The property of a material that enables it to resume its original shape or position after being bent, stretched, or compressed; elasticity.
1. Also: resiliency the state or quality of being resilient
2. (Environmental Science) ecology the ability of an ecosystem to return to its original state after being disturbed
3. (General Physics) physics the amount of potential energy stored in an elastic material when deformed
1. the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.
2. ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyancy.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||resilience - the physical property of a material that can return to its original shape or position after deformation that does not exceed its elastic limit|
|2.||resilience - an occurrence of rebounding or springing back|
1. The ability to recover quickly from depression or discouragement:
1. n. capacidad de lograr una recuperacíon después de una enfermedad;
2. elasticidad. V.: elasticity